Monday, September 29, 2008

Sorry...

Sorry everyone! I am terrible at this blogging stuff. I have been really busy with work and Avery, she is in a stage where she constantly wants my attention. No more excuses, I will try my hardest to do better.
Teaching is going really well. I have 19 students in my class. They like to talk a lot so I have been trying several incentives to get them to listen to me. My latest technique is "Call Cash". When they are on task I give them "Call Cash", I have a poster board with pockets for each student to store their money in, and then at the end of the week I let them buy stuff. This has been working really well so far. Except last week the poster board fell off of the board and money was everywhere! I quickly picked it all up and asked each student how much money they had so that I could sort it all back out. Several of the students told me that they had more than they really did because I ended up not having enough money to sort out from the pile I picked up off of the floor. I decided to not make a big deal out of it this time, but to keep better track of how much I am giving to each student this week.
I just gave my first Post Test on Friday. It went really well. It was fun for me to grade them and see how much they had improved from the Pre-Test I had given a few weeks earlier. It was great to see that I actually taught them something. I love teaching! When I go to work each day it doesn't seem like I am going to work, it is just so much fun for me.

1 comment:

aristacrina said...

Hey Janelle, you seem to be doing really well. I didn't know you were a teacher. How exciting! I hope you don't mind that I checked out your blog. My blog is smithtcs.blogspot.com if you want to check it out. I'm actually making it private here soon, so I'll add you to my list so you can see it if you want. I just need you to email me from your email. My email is aristacrina@yahoo.com. It's great to see what you are up to. Your little girl is so cute!